Small as they are, almonds are a nutritional goldmine. Almonds are:
- High in protein. One ounce of almonds has 6 grams of protein.
- High in monounsaturated fat, the “good fat” associated with lowering heart disease risk.
- Rich in important minerals, including calcium, magnesium and phosphorous.
- High in fiber compared to other nuts.
- A good source of vitamin E, an antioxidant that may help lower the risk of some cancers. Note that “shelled” or unblanched almonds – those with the brown skin on them – are higher in vitamin E than blanched almonds.
You can learn more about maintaining a healthy lifestyle by contacting the weight-loss professionals at HMC Weight Loss Centers. Give us a call today at (951) 547-1280 for more information about our Corona weight-loss clinic or (714) 543-2673 for our Tustin weight-loss clinic.