Some dried fruits are packed with nutrients. Others are simply packed with calories. Here’s what different dried fruits have to offer.
– Dried fruits are not necessarily low-calorie; if you’re trying to lose weight, you’ll want to watch your portion sizes, as with any snack. But you can at least avoid those fruits that have calories added.
– Many dried fruits are sweetened with sugar.
– Banana chips are not only sweetened—but also fried in oil (just like potato chips).
– Some fruits are excellent sources of fiber: Raisins, apples, dates, prunes, figs, pineapples. These are also high in potassium and practically fat-free.
– Dried apricots are loaded with beta carotene.
– Apricots and raisins contain a good amount of iron.
You can learn more about maintaining a healthy lifestyle by contacting the weight-loss professionals at HMC Weight Loss Centers. Complete the Schedule an Appointment Form to the left or give us a call today at (951) 547-1280 for more information about our Corona weight-loss clinic or (714) 543-2673 for our Tustin weight-loss clinic.